SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Question on track.

A quick learner from Tucson says:
Howdy,
My track matches the dimensions of 23-259. It has a plastic covering on the tracks that has split.One track is bare metal and the other is plastic coated like a piece of tubing.
The wheels on the 23-084 look alikes are metal. My thinking is that back then they added the plastic to quiet and to make it roll easier. As the picture shows the metal wheels are packed with crud and don't roll smooth probably from carpet cleaning or whatever.
I don't see a problem with replacing my old rollers with 23-084 or am I missing something?
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think you will be okay with just replacing the rollers The 23-084 do have nylon wheels which should help quiet the operation of the doors. As long as your existing track is not damaged I would not replace it. Try to keep the track clean and free of debris. I also recommend our 75-077 slider slicker stick, which could help keep the track and wheels lubricated without attracting dirt. You could also use a silicone spray or furniture polish. You just want to make sure what ever you use dries and does not stay wet like an oil spray.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)