Questions concerning 40-155

A contractor from Rushland, PA says:
My customer has double inswinging exterior doors (1-3/4" thick) that exit her 2nd floor bedroom onto a flat roof. The same opening has double outswinging wooden screen doors (1-1/8" thick).

The flat roof does not have a rail.

She would like to be able to keep the inswinging exterior doors open and lock the outswinging wooden screen doors with a key from the interior so she has fresh air ventilation while limiting access to the "rail-less" roof to herself. Keeping people outside is not a concern. She is more concerned with keeping people from going out onto the roof.

It seems that the 40-155 might be able to solve this problem if I were to install it in reverse, with the keyhole facing the inside.

1) Is the Strike Plate for the 40-155 available in brass?
2) How far does the deadbolt extend out when locked?
3) Is there a double keyed version of this?

Thanks,

Gary
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the keeper only comes in the silver color. The dead bolt itself comes out 1/2". This is the only way we can get this type of lock, keyed on one side only. You might have to retro-fit the keeper onto the active door to secure the lock. I would highly recommend installing railing on the roof.
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.