SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Questions concerning 40-155

A contractor from Rushland, PA says:
My customer has double inswinging exterior doors (1-3/4" thick) that exit her 2nd floor bedroom onto a flat roof. The same opening has double outswinging wooden screen doors (1-1/8" thick).

The flat roof does not have a rail.

She would like to be able to keep the inswinging exterior doors open and lock the outswinging wooden screen doors with a key from the interior so she has fresh air ventilation while limiting access to the "rail-less" roof to herself. Keeping people outside is not a concern. She is more concerned with keeping people from going out onto the roof.

It seems that the 40-155 might be able to solve this problem if I were to install it in reverse, with the keyhole facing the inside.

1) Is the Strike Plate for the 40-155 available in brass?
2) How far does the deadbolt extend out when locked?
3) Is there a double keyed version of this?

Thanks,

Gary
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the keeper only comes in the silver color. The dead bolt itself comes out 1/2". This is the only way we can get this type of lock, keyed on one side only. You might have to retro-fit the keeper onto the active door to secure the lock. I would highly recommend installing railing on the roof.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)