SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Measurements for 58-085, 79-029 or 79-030

A handy person from UK says:
Hi,
I am looking to replace the seals on the Kawneer doors at our church, but I have to check the measurements of the faceplate before I make an order. Thank you for making the selection of spares easier, with your drawings and dimensions.
I have not found any distributor of Kawneer door spares locally, so hope you ship to the UK?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, we do ship to the UK! How do the dimensions we show match up to your own? If you need any more measurements, let me know. If you're still not sure, you can take a few pictures of your hardware and upload them here for us to look over.
After measuring, I definitely need 79-029 and the door is 77" high, so I think if I cut 58-085, that will fit either side of 79-029 just right.

While I am on here, I wonder if you do a seal for the other 3 sides of the doors. Picture attached.

Also I get complaints about the door being hard for elderly people to open and it does not hold open anymore. I guess the pivots are worn. Do you supply an appropriate hinge kit?

Thanks for your support.
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Ah, these pictures help a lot, thank you. The weatherstripping on the back edge of the door looks like a slide-in type wool pile, not the screw-in type 58-085. You will need to slide a bit out and give us the width of the base and height of the pile. That would help us find a better match.

Now let's look at the second picture. You say the door is hard to open. My first thought could be that you need to adjust the force of the closer on the top of the door. It could also be that the bottom of the door is dragging. What do you think?
I have measured the width of the base of the slide-in wool pile weather stripping on the back edge of the door, it is 7/16". Hopefully you have a part number for an equivalent?

I have watched people using the door and think the most annoying for many is the door does not stay open while they come in, it kind of chases them through the opening as it closes immediately, so I guess the closed needs adjusting or is worn out. The door is definitely not dragging on the floor.

Thanks for your attention to these enquiries.

Tony
Profile picture of Dave
Take a look at our 58-050. Its measurements are 7/16" X 7/16". Could this possibly work?

In regards to the closing speed of your door, you either need to adjust the closer speed or, if you can't do that, you will have to replace it. I would like to see a photo of your closer with dimensions. That will help me come up with a suggestion.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)