Quick ? and what comes with your products?

A handy person from Central FL says:
Hello,

I have a window that has a busted Unique 27-D-40 balance. In looking through your products, the 770 Series 27" D appears to be an exact match (see pictures of my balance). However, my balance did not have a spacer at the attachment point and the set screw is all mangled as you can see.

First - do your 770 balances come exactly as shown with both the shoe and the spacer at top?

Next - do they come with a set screw and/or do you have set screws available?

Next - if my attachment point hole is damaged, can a new hole be created say 1/4" away and are the screws self tapping?

Finally - I noticed the 'D' on some product sites denotes a 40lb per pair window, I noticed your site recommends 26 for the 'D'. That said, my sash is right at 25.5lbs, near the upper limit of your D. Would the damage seen in my balances be caused by window weight, or more likely by weak materials and/or abuse by the prior owner? Just curious mostly.

Thanks in advance,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, two S770-27 balances with a 27D option will carry a window sash weight of 22 through 26 pounds. The top nylon fitting is so when you tighten the installation screw, you don't crush the balance channel. You can, indeed, re-drill a new hole within 1/4" with no change to the balance's operation. I recommend the 33-016 installation screw.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.