Quicktilt series 140

A home owner from NY says:
I have to replace the spring coils that hold up my window since they have broke. The only number I can find on them is the number 2. They hold up a 23 pound window. So I bought a 23 pound quick tilt for each side but it appears to be too strong. Was I suppose to divide the 23 in half and buy 12 pounds tilts? My original tilts had 3 coils in it. Is it ok to go with a 2 coil system?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, your best bet would have been the S140-12. In the S140-23 product description, we state that a pair will carry 45 to 46.99 pounds. A pair of S140-12 springs, however, can carry 23 to 24.99 pounds.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.