SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

R13-927 Anderson Balance

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi,

I have an Anderson window that needs to have both balances replaced. Both of the current balance boxes are stamped R13-927. I see a reference to L9-1327 for the left side in the description for the R13-927 balance. Should there be different balance types for the right and left sides or can I replace what I currently have which is both right and left sides with R13-927? I just want to make sure I am using the right parts before ordering 2 R13-927 balances.

Thanks,
Loreen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Loreen. That is weird. Before I answer this, can you tell me if the top and bottom sashes are the same size? Can you also tell me if someone has repaired these balances before?
A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi. Yes, the top and bottom are the same size. I don't know if the windows were repaired previously. When I bought my condo, both the sash cords for the bottom window were already broken.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. Please give us a little time as we research this issue.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
This is a very strange situation. You have to keep in mind that Andersen doesn't recommend using two 24-R13-927 balances in the same window. Their recommendation is to use one 24-R13-927 and one 24-L9-1327.

However, if you have had two 24-R13-927 balances in your window this whole time and it worked fine, I personally think you should go that route again.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)