RE: Reference #7462820

A home owner from Dobbins, CA. says:
The lock lever on the handle no longer stays in position, I would like to replace the handle if possible.
The foot lock mechanism is broken. It screws into the bottom left of the door and the foot slide engages a bolt into the back of the door.

What further information can I provide that would help to locate these parts?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That foot lock you need looks like our 80-014. Just look it over to see if it will work. As for the patio locking handle, I can't get a good look at it from your photo. My guess is that it might be either something like our 82-005 with a hook type latch or our 82-0090A with a gripper type latch. Take a look and if you are still not sure then send us some more photos of the handle with dimensions. That will help us find something!
A professional from California says:
Judging from the plastic lock retainer on the current handle, 82-005 is the only one I know of that uses that part.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.