SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority


A quick learner from USA says:
Hi Swisco,

Attached are pics of a window roller wheel - can you identify it's replacement? The wheel is on a sliding glass window, metal encasing approx 24" x 46-47". These windows are in an apt built in 1960. The wheel may be that old and may have be significantly worn down (1/16" or more?)

Do you think part 87-093 is a good replacement?

Also - if you could tell me how to remove the roller wheel - that would be great. Thank you! ~ Nancy
User submitted photos of a window roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Nancy. You have a grooved wheel, so I think our 87-040 might be a better match. Before we recommend anything for sure, though, please check the dimensions of the wheel itself. You will need to remove it to get accurate measurements. To do this, lay the sash down on a table or flat surface. Support the area where the wheel is and use a punch or large nail and hammer to knock out the axle, which will release the wheel. From there, you can compare your dimensions with ours to ensure that they are the same size.
A quick learner from USA says:
Here are more photos of the wheel.
User submitted photos of a roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not have a wheel this small. If our 87-040 can't work, you could consider our 97-089, but I am not sure if either will do it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)