SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

RH awning window operator replacement

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
I need to replace a broken right-handed awning window operator. Inside the operator there is a marking that says "mecho en El Salvador CA." I could not remove the rivet and e ring from the operator arm, so I do not know the measurement of the arm hole where the rivet goes.

I also need a new rivet & e ring.....not sure what to get.

User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Alexandra. I would start by looking at our 39-007 or 39-025 and seeing if either of these could work for you. Make sure to check under the Related Items section for each part to see if we have anything else you may need.
Another question: the first part of the arm on my operator is straight and has an offset. The arm on the 39-007 looks curved with no offset. The extension arm on the 39-025 has a "cut out" .....should I be concerned about these observations. I have already purchased an operator through a local replacement window company that did not work. My operator looks very much like one that was posted on this same thread....I have attached the photo of this similar operator here.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Actually, this looks like the original operator Silverline used. They used the "E" ring at first, but then switched to the screw. I agree with Tom, you should consider either our 39-007 or 39-025.
Ok.....will do. Thanks to both of you for your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)