SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

RIVCO window balancers replacement

A home owner from NH says:
I am attempting to replace balancers on several of my Rivco windows, and I would like your advice/confirmation on my selection prior to placing the order...

JPG 2 and 3 show the balancers and lift mechanism.
JPG 1 shows the cam pivot currently attached to the window.
The balancers are 25" long and close enough to 9/16in wide. The marking on the balancer is 24. My sashes weight about 7 pounds apiece.

I believe I need the Series 750 Channel balance with the 24R option. S750-25
Likely a short and long S-clip 19-029 and 19-030 for front and rear sashes...
one Tie Bar Guide per balancer 15-109
One cam pivot replacement...would the 17-092 or the 17-056 work with the 15-109?
BTW, would the cam pivot currently mounted on my window work with the 15-109?

Any advice, suggestions or confirmation of my choices would be appreciated.

Thanks,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't think this is our Series 750 channel balance. Our Series 751 appears to be a closer match. This comes with the 15-014 shoe already attached, which matches the shoe I see in your picture. The cam pivot is more like our 26-151 (right) and 26-152 (left). The S clips look about right.

Please review this hardware and let me know what you think.
A home owner from NH says:
Thanks Tom!
Glad I asked prior to ordering. I did not notice the difference in the shoes on the 750 vs 751, I like your suggestion better. And with the 751 I can keep my existing shoe pivots.

Best Regards,
Alan S
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)