SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Re: Ref. # 7486294 George Gorner - photo of latch and corner for ID of part.

A home owner from USA says:
Hello, my storm windows and screens some have plastic corners and latches and some have metal corners and latches. I would prefer to use for replacement metal corners and latches and not to use the plastic parts. It is simpler to order and metal parts do not break so easy, it will work only if the metal and plastic part are interchangeable. Please advise that I am able to order soon. Thanks George.
User submitted a photo of a slide latch.
A home owner from USA says:
Hi, one thing I do not understand is the fact, that some screen frames have
plastic latches and plastic corners, while others have metal latches and corners.
My assumption is that these parts are interchangeable. If it is not correct,it will be hard, because each window would have to be repaired individually and
each set of part would have to identified individually. I hope tat is not the case.
Parts on picture you have are parts from a screen we do not use. Do not want
to take out window unless I have parts to repair it. It rains almost every day
and without window wooden part of frame is exposed and joints are not
coughed, so water would get inside. When the parts are identified, please let me know than I am able to order. Thanks, George
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello. Hopefully I can help. I think you could consider our 91-010 and 91-011 finger latches, in addition to our 95-105 and 95-106 corner keys, or perhaps the 95-146 and 95-147. You will need to compare your measurements to ours to be sure.

Some manufacturers started using plastic parts to cut down on the cost. I'm not sure if your metal and corners are the same as my suggestions, you will need to carefully look over ours to determine if you can get them to work. As long as the sizes are close you should be able to use them in your storm sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)