SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Re: Weatherstripping for Astragal (double door)

A quick learner from Toronto, Canada says:
To whom it may concern,

I purchased a new wood astragal (had it fabricated by a door company) and am in the process of trying to get new weatherstripping. I went to the Home Depot to try and find a matching weatherstrip; however, it seems that weatherstrip I bought does not fit into the groove (see first picture).

I cut a piece of the old weatherstripping off the original astragal and it seemed to fit fine. I would like to confirm if I am actually supposed to be looking at the strip with glue as opposed to the one you pop in.

How much would it be for Swisco to ship to Canada?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Ernest
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Your weatherstripping looks a lot like what I have on my Peachtree doors at home. I actually used our 58-169 and secured it to the door jamb cut out with small nails / brads. You could also use the weather stripping you currently have and possibly secure it into the Astragal using a type of adhesive along with some small wire brads. As for shipping to Canada, it would depend on the method of delivery you choose. All shipping is calculated for you automatically during checkout.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)