Rebco Balcony mortise door replacement

A home owner from Richmond Hill says:
I am looking for a replacement of a Rebco balcony door mortise lock set for my contractor to install. He has tried a number of off the shelf mortise lock sets from Home depot, which did not fit in one way or the other. I'm looking at your 40-049. I have double checked the dimensions of the faceplate with the measurements on your website and they match height and width. The distance between the screw holes is 6 7/8", which is pretty close to 6 15/16" mentioned on your website. A number of things look slightly different, including the shape of the cylinder.

Looking at the photos I attached, do you think it is worth trying your 40-049? If you need more measurements to judge, let me know.
mortise door
mortise lock
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photos, I'm more concerned with the back set on your mortise latch. The 40-049 has a back set of 7/8", but yours looks more like 1-1/4". Your internal mortise latch looks more like the 40-194 which, but this also has a 7/8" back set. Compare the back set with yours and see what you think.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.