SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

8524 Pivot Bar

A home owner from Victor, NY says:
I recently purchased (2) 3" Pivot Bars, #26-319. Unfortunately they do no fit. I have taken a photo of the part and need and the part shipped.

Can you help

Mike N.
user submitted image of pivot bar

Marked 8254
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I tried to find your exact pivot bar but so far I have come up empty handed.

You may be able to customize the 26-319 that you ordered to get it to work as a replacement for your old pivot bar. What you could try to do is line up the pivot bars (like in your picture) and drill new holes in the 26-319. Since the 26-319 is diecast you should not have too much trouble drilling through the metal. I do not think the flange on the tip of your original pivot bar will make a difference.

I can also try to continue researching your original pivot bar. Do know who the manufacturer of your window is? Are there any stamps, names, or markings on the pivot bar or other window hardware?
A home owner from Victor, NY says:
Hi Paul

I would not hesitate to drill new holes in the bar, but the section of the bar that extends into the track is not as long as the original.

The original is about 3/4", the replacement about 3/8", from the top image.

I couldn't think of the name but asked my wife this morning, its Great Lakes, should have asked her first. The only marking is 8254 on the pivot bar.

Would be great (no pun intended) if you could find a replacement. I will also try them.

This isn't a big dollar item, but window operation is compromised.

Thx for your email. I appreciate the effort.

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Mike.

I am posting to let you know that we are currently working on locating a replacement pivot bar, and will post an update on the discussion board as soon as more information becomes available.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at the newly added pivot bar 26-377. This pivot bar looks like yours and it has the number 8254 stamped on it. Let me know if you have any questions.
A quick learner from Manalapan says:

My pivot bar broke on a couple of my windows and I tracked it down to purchase on your website.

As you can see from the picture, currently they are riveted in place.

Once I break the rivet (on the broken pivot bar) which screws can I use to secure them back in place?

A customer submitted photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Dan, a pivot bar should not be riveted on a window.

I'm not sure what size screw you'll need until you remove the bar. What I suggest is to order the tilt bars, and then when you get them, take the broken tilt bar off and take the window sash to your nearest hardware store so they can help you pick out the right size screw.
A quick learner from Manalapan says:
Thanks! I just ordered 10 so I can have some spares on hand.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)