SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Regarding (Mirrored) Door Track and Roller Sets

A quick learner from USA says:
I am searching for a replacement roller for a mirrored closet door. My home is 30+ years old. I moved in 12 years ago and have no idea who the manufacturer is.
User submitted photos of a mirror closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This roller looks similar to our 23-042. Could you use this as a substitute? Check it out and let me know what you think. As for the track, there are many possibilities. You can see our selection of closet door tracks at the bottom of this page. Let me know if you have any questions.
A quick learner from IL says:
Tom, I'm going to give 23-042 a try...just placed an order. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thanks for the order! Let me know how it works out.
I tried the 23-042 and it doesn't work. Please refer to the attached picture comparing my current roller (broken) and the 23-042. Notice the triangle shape vs square shape. It will not fit into the door (see 2nd picture).
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Refer to previous post. Can I return the roller that was purchased and does not fit. Also, based on recent pics, can you suggest another door roller that will fit? If not, where else can I search for a replacement? Thanks.
Keith
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear it didn't work. However, I do not know if there is another roller on the market that can replace this. This is the only "rounded" bracket insert in this style. The only difference seems to be a slight "tuck" at the bottom of the slot. It's frustrating that such a subtle difference can render this part incompatible.

Fortunately, I have a solution. See our 23-071. This is the mounting bracket made specifically for the 23-042. Could you install this on your door? If so, you can use this in conjunction with the new door.
A quick learner says:
I just ordered 23-071 and will give it a try. Thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)