SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Reinstalling sash in vinyl window with a spiral window balance

A home owner from Ashburn, Va says:
I'm completely stumped. I have a pretty generic (unmarked) vinyl window in my house that had come completely disconnected from the pivot lock shoes. I removed the sash so that I could identify the replacement balances. Figured I should replace them. They are 29" long, 3/8 " with a red tip. Plan to order new balances. Meanwhile I'm trying to put the sash back in engaging the pivot lock shoes. I can't seem to align it right. I don't know how this can ever go on as the shoes lock when you tilt the window making it impossible to get both side pins in at the same time. There must be a trick to this that isn't obvious. Any advice?
A home owner from Ashburn, Va says:
By the way, the shoes look just like you 15-045 ones. Most instructions I see show a sort of guide to allow the pivot pins to slide down into the shoes. These don't. Thanks again in advance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There isn't really a trick. You just put one side in, then the other. Check out the video below to see how we do it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)