Remove rollers for SGD-R20

A home owner from Ohio says:
My home was built in the year 2000, I moved in in 2006. For the past couple of weeks my sliding glass door closes smoothly, but is a real pain to open. If I slide it by the handle, it seems to pivot at the lower rear, as if something is stuck on the track. I can push from the bottom and it opens, or I can lift the door slightly and it opens fine. I suspect I need to clean or replace the roller, but I cannot figure out how to remove the door to get to the rollers.

I did try to remove the screen door, then the two brackets securing the fixed door to the frame, but I must be missing something as I could not get the fixed door to budge afterwards. I thought I could lift it up and out, or slide it away from the frame, but it's either stuck or there was something else I needed to remove.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. If more pictures are needed, just let me know what you want to see.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
BUMP

A coworker suggested I clean the track really well, so I took a wire brush and some bathroom cleaner and scrubbed it until it shined. Closing still seems fine, but opening doesn't seem any better. I know there are special lubricants for the track that I could put on it, but the back roller only seems to roll in one direction. I am pretty confident this would be a 10 minute fix if I could get the door out and just replace the rollers, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it comes out.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience. To remove this kind of sliding door, you first have remove the anti-lift bracket, which is usually located in the head or mainframe of the door. Then, lift the door up and rotate the bottom inward. You may want an extra pair of hands to help out. As for the rollers, they could be our 81-018, but you will need to remove your old ones to confirm they match up.
Sorry, that was a mistype. I meant anti-lift. I can lift the door slightly, but the bottom of be door doesn't clear the track it rests in. And even with the rollers lowered, the top doesn't clear the top of the frame. I don't there is enough clearance to simply lift it up and swing the bottom out of the track. The frame itself looks like it would need to be removed, but I can't figure out how
I've posted this on my beighbkrhood's Facebook group page as well, but 90% of the answers are to simply lift up and swing the bottom toward me. However, there's no room to go up, but maybe 1/4"
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I see what you mean now. It doesn't look like you have any room at the top at all. Try adjusting the wheel so that the door will lower itself onto the bottom track. Maybe then you can remove it. Alternatively, your door frame header might have settled and that is why you have so little room at the top. You might need to contact a contractor in your area to help with the repair.
A professional from California says:
This vinyl door has an aluminum track. check the height of the rail inside and outside of your slider. It looks from the picture as if the outside is lower. The stationary has brackets that hold it in place. Remove them and the panel should slide away from the jamb and (hopefully) lift out to the outside. You may then be able to get the slider out from the outside. If not, you are probably going to need professional help.
I was able to remove the screen door and fixed door from the read, then adjusted the sliding door as low as it would go, but couldn't remove it. There was a vinyl strip/cap that went along the track, between the sliding and fixed doors, so I lifted it up and off, and *almost* got the door out the back, but the roller wheels won't clear the aluminum track. After putting it all back together I noticed a similar vinyl strip along the top that looks like it should pop off, but it must be glued. It isn't budging. I think removing it would provide the clearance j need.
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.