SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Removing old part

A home owner from Michigan says:
I have my new 90-115 keeper, but I am having difficulty removing the old part. It looks like it should just slide straight up after removing the screws, but it's stuck. Any tips on how to loosen it?
Never mind - I squirt some 3-in-1 oil everywhere I could, and after much wriggling it finally came out. One down, four to go!
OK, my first problem pales in comparison to my new one. The keepers on the bathroom window had rusted (which allowed the burglars to break them,which is why I ordered replacements.) Unfortunately, the keepers broke inside the window. I can get the top part out, but the bottom, below the holes, is still inside. I think I may need a different kind of lock. Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to help you figure out how to remove those keepers. Can I see some pictures of the bathroom window where the broken keeper us? That will help us come up with a solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)