Removing part 23-215 from sliding mirror door

A home owner from Eureka, CA says:
Hi
I've got a motorhome with sliding mirror doors. They use part 23-215 clip on the bottom track. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the old clip. Can you help?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You will first need to remove the door and place it on a stable surface. Then, with needle nose pliers, work out the hooks from the slots where they are installed. I'm afraid it isn't easy, but with a little patience and elbow grease you should be able to get it done.
A quick learner from Calgary, Alberta says:

Paul, How does one get these "arrow-head" snap-in guides out of their track? Your first sentence states on must remove the door. How?

I have no idea, as these arrow heads prevent the door from being lifted, so the upper, hanging rollers cannot be dislodged.

Thank you,

Rick

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Rick. To remove the doors, it is helpful two have two people. Have the person hold on to the door while the other person slides a putty knife across the track to push the hook in on the 23-215 bottom door guide. At the same time, the person holding the door raises it. That should do it for you.

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.