SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Removing screen to access mail

A home owner from New jersey says:
During the transition of mail personnel, our temporary mail person would place mail in the area between the screen and the decorative frame. Some days when returning from work there had been no mail or at least I thought. Some weeks later I received a letter stating that I had not cashed a check which had been mailed to me. I never remember recieving that check. I normally just leave the screen in place, but this year due to the cold weather I decided to put the window up. When placing the screen structure down to position, it seemed to jam. Not a had jam but almost as if it was hitting something soft...like mail? I Now have to get to whatever it is that is keeping the screen from going down completely. I am having a problem removing the screen structure which would give me space to insert a grabber. Please help. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. You might have some variety of pull pin on the screen (like our 70-009) that keep it in the track of the door. If you were to pull those pins, you should be able to take the screen out of the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)