Removing the Pocket Door from Hanger

A home owner from Los Angeles says:
I don't have the manual on how to release the 23-176S hanger. How do you release the pocket door? Do you push the white tab all the way? Do I need to push the grey tab all the way too? I don't want to break the plastic tab. Please help. I need to remove my pocket door for floor tile installation. Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

To remove the pocket door activate both tabs in the direction of the orange arrow with a straight edge screw driver as shown.

Diagram on how to remove the 23-176S pocket door roller.
Diagram on how to remove the 23-176S pocket door roller.

A handy person from Michigan says:
Is this easier said than done, because mine will not release.
A home owner from Wisconsin says:
You have to make sure that you catch the metal tab properly to release. It is pretty easy but a little tricky
A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
I am having the same problem. Can't release that door from the hanger. I also feel like I am going to snap these tabs right off. Does the white tab get pushed into the brack so the larger piece disappears or does it get pushed out?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

It's necessary to apply pressure to get this roller out, but be careful! There is a chance that you can break it if you are too forceful. That said, this is the only way to remove it. It should just pop out when the locking tab is pushed to the side, you will need to apply a little elbow grease if it comes down to it. If you aren't comfortable with the project, it may not be a bad idea to have someone familiar with this procedure help you.

A landlord from Kernersville, NC says:
Thanks Paul Sr. for the diagram. I ran into sliding closet doors that were hung with the pocket door hangars. Though I saw the unlocking mechanisms, I wasn't aware of how to release the hangers. Ha! It seems that a good nudge with a flat screw driver on the metal tab does the trick. To reinstall the locking tab, I simply raised the door a little with a wedge under the bottom, lined up the roller carriage, then screwed the height adjustment nut down until it popped in place (locked). I next screwed the adjustment nut to raise and level the door.

Bob in Kernersville
A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
This may help. The lock is on a spring so it does not stay unlocked. You must hold it in the unlock position and let gravity release the nut and bolt.
Also, I loosened the nut a lot. Hope this helps!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.