Removing tilt window

A home owner from NC says:
My daughter has a tilt window that the ends of the pivot bars have rusted away - to get an idea of what type of pivot bar it is, I tried to remove an adjacent window- I know how one is supposed to be able to remove the window - have looked at videos, etc - we move the window up about a foot, unlatch the top mechanisms, tilt the window in to a horizontal level, and try to move one side up to free the sash from the shoe - but it will move up about an inch and then no more - tried on another tilt window and had the same result - any suggestions? BTW, there are no identification marks on the window so the manufacturer cannot be determined - the house is about 15 years old so do the current tilt sash removal instructions apply to this age house?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
In your situation, I recommend loosening the bottom screw on one side of the sash, tilting the window down, and then sliding the loose tilt bar out of the pivot shoe to remove the sash. See if that works.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.