SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Removing/installing 39-069

A handy person from Charlotte, NC says:
I have been trying to figure out how to replace a broken window lever operator for years and now the time really has come! How the heck do you remove the crazy thing? The one pictured is a working window but identical to the broken handled one I want to replace.
A quick learner from Canada says:
Hi there,

I have the same problem of broken handles on three windows! I would like to buy the same and replace them myself. Is there a guide that shows how to replace 39-069?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The operator is held into the window sill with screws. The screws might be hidden by the interior wood sill stop cover. You may have to remove the interior wood stop to get to the screws. Be sure not to break the sill stop cover when you remove it. The end is held onto the sash with a clip which can be disengaged. I normally use a slotted screwdriver to help disengage the clip from the end the operator.
A handy person from Charlotte, NC says:
I dissected a sill and got to the bottom of how the window mechanism was installed. It is a Truth brand and the way the parts are screwed together with hidden screws is pretty tricky.
A quick learner from Canada says:
Thank you Dave and "handy person from Charlotte, NC" for answering my question. You have been very helpful!

Sam
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)