SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Repair parts for Silverline Windows - pivot bar - insert

A handy person from Barnegat, NJ says:
Hi - I believe these were Silverline windows installed by builder in 1992,

the U shaped connecting bars have all rusted away and broken, BUT the remaining rusted pieces are stuck in the plastic parts. Your pivot plastic pieces look like ours, I need to measure thickness, and the bars look the same, but I did not see the part that receives the bar inside the window frame. IF I could dig out the leftovers from the window frame, we could order pivots and bars and be good ! IF.... I have tried, but the rust expanded the bars and jammed them inside the plastic fitting on the window. ANY HELP or suggestions are very welcome ! THX, Bill.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To remove the rusted parts, you must first remove the sash, then spray the pivot bars with WD-40. Let it set for a few minutes before trying to unscrew the the frame screws. If they still won't give, spray the WD-40 again and wait maybe an hour before giving it another shot.

As for the hardware itself, I think you should consider our 15-046 pivot shoe, 26-040 pivot bar, and 26-330 pivot bar housing. Does this hardware match? Make sure the dimensions are the same, just in case!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)