Repaired my Emco Forever door with the 40-150

A handy person from Canajoharie, NY says:
I was able to use your 40-150 inside door handle to fix an Emco Forever door I got from Home Depot about 10 years ago. I had to remove the key stock and reuse it which meant removing the shaft size adaptor in your handle. The original Emco door never set the handle back to its center due to a heavy outer handle and weak spring inside but this Swisco 40-150 handles the job with ease. It returns the heavy solid outer lever handle to the perfect horizontal position.

The repair kit from Emco was discontinued years ago but you guys saved the day for me.

Thanks
Mark
A quick learner from NJ says:
I installed this handle (40-150 : Inside Handle, 1-3/4") on an Enco Forever View door. Swisco was the only company I found that had one.
A few things. When I installed it the two original mounting screws from the old handle were too short. Get two 1-1/2" #8 machine screws and you'll be ready to go. Also, the set screw on my new handle was not in a position were it contacted my outside handle's shaft (shaft was too short) but it doesn't matter..the mounting screws hold everything together fine. Hope this helps someone.
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.