Repalcement part for Balance for Double hung simonton windows

A home owner from Middletown , CT says:
Hi

My house was built on 1995. Few windows has the broken balance coil. I did contact Simonton and they told me that they stopped that model.

I am sending few pictures of the broken coil. Please help me to find the replacement parts for this one.

User submitted photos of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I believe Simonton uses our Series 170 or Series 171 springs, but you will have to remove yours from the window and see how well they match.
A home owner from Middletown , CT says:
Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I did remove the old coil and took few pictures. I am seeing the number
#5.5 37 inchs PAT 5232208 in the broken coil. I am sending the picture for your review. Please let me know the right replacement part based on this.

thanks.
User submitted photos of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. This is not a problem we often come across, as most coil springs have a travel of 35". Frankly, I don't think those two inches will matter very much, but I cannot guarantee that. All of our springs have a travel of 35", though, and we have not been able to find any with 37" like yours.
A home owner from CT says:
Tom,

I did order series 160 and tried with one window. It's working fine. I am planning to put the same coil the othere windows too. Thanks a lot for all your help.

thanks.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.