SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replace Door handles, locks

A quick learner from Houston, TX says:
I have four broken sliding door handles with 3 5/16 distance between bolts.

Two Right Handed Handles (Brown)
Two Left Handed Handles (Brown)

They resemble 82-005 but the distance is 3 15/16 and not 4 15/16.
I need one with keyed exterior handle. The three other exterior handles don't need keys.

Can you recommend other parts I need to go with the above.
Help. Thanks!

Doug

The four interior handles need a locking mechanism.

Can you suggest the various parts I need
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Have you seen our 82-033 Patio Glass Door Handle? This also resembles the 82-005, and it has a screw hole center distance of 3-15/16". Do you think this will match your existing hardware?

You can also look at the Related Item(s) column on the 82-033's product page to see a whole range of items that can be used with this handle set, including inside locks.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
A quick learner from Houston, TX says:
Tom,

Thanks. Does the 82-033 allow for an internal lock as well as the exterior key lock? I can't tell from the picture if there is place for the mortiss.

We use the handle as a front door, so we need an outside key with an inside lock too. Will the 82-033 allow both.

Also, will there be one size mortiss with the 3 15/16 82-033 handle? Or, do I need to measure that width too?

Thanks,

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. For a keyed exterior pull to go with the 82-033, please see our 82-306.

As you can see in the Related Item(s) section for the 82-033, there are a few mortise locks available for this handle set, not just one size. Please see our 82-211, our 82-214, and our 82-218. Which one would best fit your door?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)