Replace Edging

A quick learner from Fairfax, CA says:
Hi there!

We would love to replace the edge of our window, I guess it's the seal? We need it for all around the window, top, bottom and sides.

Window is 23"w x 34.5"h, and it's the kind ow window with a crank to open it.

Thank you,
Anna
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Anna. I think you should consider our 58-187 Andersen window bubble seal. Could this be what you need? Is the window Andersen brand?
That looks about right! You all are the best. Thank you so much.

Anna
Hi again!

The replacement part you suggested worked great - thank you! It turns out (according to my handy man) that there's another part that goes on the top of the window that also helps prevent it from leaking. He said it goes on the outside of the window frame, rather than inside like the rubber.

Might you be able to direct me to the right part?

Thank you,

Anna
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! I'm glad it worked out for you, Anna. As for this new seal, it's very hard to tell. Is there any way we can see a picture that clearly see the profile? Your picture above was perfect, we would need something from that same angle.
A quick learner from Farifax says:
It's a little tricky since the window is pretty high up, but I had my husband just hold my ankles while I dangled out the window to get the pictures, and got some other photos that may be more helpful. Just kidding. But I did get some other pictures which may help.

If you look to the left hand side, you can see where the plastic piece is broken off and doesn't continue all the way to the left edge of the window. I'm guessing it's a hard plastic piece that acts kind of like a lip to keep the rain out.

Thanks again,

Anna
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for going to the trouble, Anna. I can clearly see your bubble seal in this picture. Please see our 58-055, I believe this would make a good match.
Thanks very much - that's the first part we replaced...now I'm looking for the hard, flat plastic part that sits on top of the window...

If you're looking at the window above from the top, and about an inch and a half from the left edge, you can see a small notch where the original piece is broken...

Anna
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It's so hard to tell without seeing the profile. Your first picture was perfect, that's the exact angle we need. It could be you need a type of leaf seal. You can see our selection here.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.