SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replace rollers for sliding glass door

A quick learner from Chandler, AZ says:
Hi, I attached the label I found within the doorframe of my sliding glass door. I tried using the AAMA website to find out who the manufacturer was with no luck. Is it possible to tell by looking at the label which rollers I would need? I'm trying to avoid taking the door off the frame until I actually have the rollers so I can replace them all in one attempt. Thanks so much for any direction you can provide.

SGD-R20-96x96
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Based on that sticker, I can tell you that your door was made back in 2000 by PARAMOUNT. Unfortunately, we don't have any records on what roller they used. You likely won't find any number or stamp that tells you what you need, unfortunately. Most manufacturers design their doors without considering that people may want to replace individual parts; they would rather you simply replace the entire door, so they have no reason to make it easy for you. We may be able to help you identify a replacement roller, but you will need to remove door and roller to show us.
A handy person from Chandler, AZ says:
Took the door off and the rollers are attached in a pic. I found a similar roller at home depot. Prime-Line D 1527. However the dimples are not wide enough to keep the roller secure in the frame. It appears you have 81-093 that is a similar if not the same. The dimple width on my old roller is .9375 when measured with a caliper. The dimple width from the home depot version is .8125. What dimple width does the 81-093 have? Do you have any other roller replacement suggestions?
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The roller you purchased is similar to our 81-093. Take a look at our 81-269, instead. I actually just pulled one out of stock to check the measurements and they appear to be just a little wider than 1", specifically 1.030". It might be too heavy, but you do want a tight fit. If it's too tight you could file down the bumps a little. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)