SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replace window gasket for casement window

A home owner from Weehawken, NJ says:
I have a water leak from my casement window. It appears the rubber seal gasket is worn out. The original window manufacturer was a Swiss company that is no longer in business. I need your help to repair/replace the gasket. The tube diameter seems to be 1/4 inch.
A customer submitted photo of a window weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
How does this attach to the window sash frame? Is it stapled or screwed on, or does it slide into a groove? What might work is some type of auto weather gasket that car manufacturers use on the door windows of cars.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
It is stapled.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
See if you could possibly use 58-163 or 58-170, Foam Filled Weatherseals. Manufacturers of Casement windows use this type of weather strip to go on the sash. I think you can staple these on your own application.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)