SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I think I need to replace the old wooden center track

A home owner from LA says:
I have an old wooden dresser and the drawers just fall out when you open them. Can I use the 32-053 Drawer Track Kit to replace the old bottom center mechanism? Do I have to cut out the old wooden track?
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Actually, your wooden rail doesn't appear to be the problem. Your plastic rear drawer guide is missing the prongs that hold the track in place. You may be able to just replace that. Take a look at our 32-036 and let me know if this matches the dimensions of your own guide.
A home owner from LA says:
The rear drawer guides worked perfectly. Thank you!!!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! I'm so glad they worked. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.
A quick learner says:
Looking at the above pics I have the same issue but the wooden track is actually broken. Do you have something I can purchase that will replace them.
My furniture looks exactly like the above pics.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have a wooden track exactly like the one in the picture. You might want to consider replacing the whole system. Check out our 32-063 or 32-053 and see if you could use either of these.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)