SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replaced Draw Socket and Runner - Draw will not go back in

A home owner from West Hartford, CT says:
I have replaced the 32-081 socket with a 32-082 socket and also put in a new 32-076 case runner. I cannot get the new socket onto the runner. I have lined up the socket and the runner and pushed and pushed and the socket will not slide onto the runner. What have I done wrong?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We don't come across this particular problem too often, as the Swisco 32-081 and 32-082 are interchangeable parts. Make sure the hardware has been installed correctly. Check to see if the track is installed properly in the furniture - as an incorrectly installed track may disrupt the parts from working with each other.
Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I checked and have made sure the parts are installed properly and the track has been screwed down in the same position it was previously in. I still can't get the draw back into the dresser!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Did the hardware you replaced match exactly to the originals? I know the 32-081 and 32-082 will not work if you are trying to replace the Kenlin Trak II version. The 32-081 and 32-082 will only work for the original Kenlin Rite Trak system.
Donnna,

Yes the hardware matched up. I do not have the Trak II version.

Any other suggestions?

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
As stated earlier, we have not come across this problem too often and unfortunately do not have a solution at this time.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)