SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replaceent Parts for "MI" ?? Window

A handy person from Pittsburgh says:
We live in a Maronda home that has "MI" (???) windows in it. We need to replace one window sash that lost its seal (turned white inside). But much more urgently, I need to purchase a bunch of the little plastic catches that are screwed onto the upper corners of the lower sashes, which help hold onto the spring mechanisms, as these are breaking off and the windows are becoming "sprung." PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ME. I am attaching a photo of one of the window stickers with model numbers. Meanwhile I will cite some of the data here (from a different size window, but same mechanism--the stickers have fallen off of some of the other windows):

Manufacturer code: MTL-4
Series: 180/280/380
ANSI/AAMA 101-88
HS-C20/
HS-R20
MST: 8054/10550.

Also, which of all these numbers is the actual model or series number? I would HUGELY appreciate any help you can give me.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
User submitted a photo of a sticker on a window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to help you with this project, but unfortunately we will be unable to replace the sash. MI is a manufacturer, so I recommend contacting them directly.

We may be able to replace the plastic catches, though. Could I see a few pictures of them removed from the window and with dimensions? That will help us determine what can work as a replacement.
A quick learner from Pittsburgh says:
Well, I finally got some photos of the tabs close-up. I'll describe them in order as attached here:

First, a broken tab on top of the lower sash. These are what I want to replace.

Second, an un-broken tab on top of the lower sash. Even there you can see they are somewhat bent upward from strain.

Third, a close-up of one of the plastic catches (an unbroken one).

And fourth, just a top measurement on another (unbroken) one that shows its overall length across the top to be 1-1/32, so I am wondering if your {1/2" Top Sash Clip, Pennco, Product Code: 18-061} item might work for me?

I'd be willing to try a pair to see if they work...??? Thanks so much!
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, these pictures are perfect. check out our 18-093 Capitol top sash guide and let me know if this is a match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)