SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacemend SGD-R20 lock and molding

A quick learner from Seattle, Wa says:
Sliding door model SGD-R20 120x82...
We are looking for a replacement lock and the curved plastic molding along the outside opening door. Please let me know where to find these items.

Thank you,
Sheri
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Sheri. There could be a few possibilities, and I can't say for sure without knowing what size handle and lock we're working with. That said, I would start by looking at our 82-069 handle set and 82-218 mortise lock. Carefully compare their dimensions to your existing hardware and see how well they line up. If they differ in any way, please upload a couple pictures to this discussion, along with detailed measurements. Thanks!
A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
Attached are some photos of my exterior handle and the curved plastic molding along the glass (next to exterior handle) that is broken. I am looking for replacement molding and new outside door handle.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I think the 82-069 handle could possibly work, yes. Just confirm that the hole spacing is the same as in your door. I cannot tell what that is based on your photos. I'm not sure about the glazing, though. Could you remove a small undamaged sample and show me a picture of the end section?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)