SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Balance Shoe for Silverline 8500 Series Windows

A quick learner from Northern NJ says:
Hi, I need a replacement balance shoe for the bottom sash of my double hung Silverline 8500 window (right one if it makes a difference).

What's the best replacement part in your catalog? Also, should I get a balance? It seems to still be fine, other than not attaching to the very broken balance shoe.

I also need the bottom lift rail weatherstripping for other windows of the same type. It's a compressive foam seal, that looks like it was glued to the sash bottom, but glue has failed (picture attached). Any other recommendations?
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The shoe Silverline used on their old Series 8500 was our 15-046 pivot shoe. Does this match your existing shoe? Carefully compare its dimensions to your own part just in case. If your spiral balance isn't damaged I don't think you'll need a new one, but just in case you may want to consider our Series 600 type. Again, just carefully compare its specs to yours.

The only stick on weatherstripping we have is our 58-026 wool pile. This is 1/4" high, which might be high enough for your application.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)