SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Casement Window Latch

A home owner from Saginaw, MI says:
Looking to replace both LH and RH latches with broken handles. Unknown window manufacturer, home was built in 1962. First three pics are original (4 mounting screws). Last pic shows replacement latches (2 mounting screws) purchased a while back. Base dimensions are 3" x 2-9/16" x 1".
User submitted photos of window locks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I recommend that you look at our 38-097 and 38-098 and see if you could possibly use these as replacement locks. You may also need a new keeper to work with these locks, so you should also consider our 38-079.
A home owner from Saginaw, MI says:
Thanks. A couple more questions...
What is dimension for mounting hole centerline from (window) face of the latch? Original measures about 1-1/2".
The existing keeper (picture attached) height is 5/8", so if we go with 38-097/098 I would need new ones.
I also saw an earlier post where a Swisco 38-014 was recommended. Very similar in appearance to the replacement I used before (unsure of dimensions). Is that an option, and if so, available?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not exactly what sure dimension it is you're looking for. However, you can see all essential dimensions for the 38-098 and 38-097 on their respective pages. I will also post them below for you to review.

The 38-014 is no longer available, however the 38-098 and 38-097 are the new versions of that type of lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)