Replacement Channel balance

A contractor from Atco, nj says:
I believe i need to order a new series 745 channel balance however the size i need is not listed on your site. I have a measurement from the top to bottom of the metal channel at e6 1/2
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand your measurement. Can you confirm?
A contractor from Atco, NJ says:
36 1/2
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. We may be able to help. Can you also tell me what is printed on your channel? If you don't see anything, I will need to know the weight of the sash, instead.
A contractor from Atco says:
The only thing is the number 347
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks again. That stamp is a little short, I'm not sure if we will be able to glean anything from it. Would you be able to give me the exact weight of the sash?
A quick learner says:
36 lbs
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks again for your patience. I'm afraid after extensive research we are not able to provide a version of this balance in that length. Are you sure you have the Series 745? The manufacturer simply doesn't make it in that size. If you aren't sure, you can show us a picture of it and we can work from there.
A quick learner from USA says:
Im looking for a channel balance that is larger then the most similar one listed on your website. The most similar one is series 745 channel ablance its 1/2
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Aha. You do not have the Series 745 balance, I'm afraid. That explains why we've been having such a hard time finding a replacement; we were looking in all the wrong places. Your metal channel is ribbed, which does not match how the Series 745 is designed.

There should have been something attached to the end of the cord, like a metal clip or a shoe. Would we be able to see that? You can see our selection of ribbed balances here to see what we carry as standard balances to get an idea of what we have, but there's a good chance yours will be different.
A quick learner says:
Neither of the suggested balances are matches. My balance does not have any plastic ends on it just a white hook the ties into the sash. Plus the suggestions are for tilt windows while my window is non-tilting.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have a very peculiar setup, then. Were you able to show us the hook at the end of the cord? Can you also show us the stamp? I know you told us the stamp already, but sometimes seeing how its printed is as much of a help as the numbers themselves.
A quick learner says:
Unfortunately I lost the pictures I had on my phone because it malfunctioned on me last night as I was replying to this email, just got my new one working...There's no way you can just make an s745 with a 36 metal channel?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid not. Like Tom mentioned, the manufacturer does not make that size. Other than that, due to the difference in the shape of the metal channel, there's also a chance that the Series 745 won't even fit in the track. I'm sorry we cannot be of more help. I'm confident that with more specific information we can make a replacement for you, but without knowing exactly what you have I am not sure what to recommend. Window balances are delicate systems and there isn't a lot of wiggle room in terms of what can be used as a replacement.
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.