The crank has the following stamps:
  • U.S. PAT 4505601
  • PAT CANADA 1986
  • U.S. PAT 2135397
  • MADE IN U.S.A.
User submitted photos of window crank.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting images. Three quick questions...

Can you make out the stamp near the right arm in your picture (it looks like a stamp number with a scratch over it - I might be wrong).

What is the length of one of the arms?

Do you know what brand of casement window this crank came from?
A home owner from Virginia says:
The length of one arm is 10 1/2". My quess is that the number is either 15662, or 15862, or 15062. I don't have a brand name for the casement windows.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at the Swisco 39-348 Sill Mounted Operator. Compare your dimensions to this operator, it appears to be the closest match.
A home owner from Virginia says:
I am sending you a picture of a stripped set screw. If I can get a replacement part, then maybe I can repair the crank mechanism without replacing the whole unit. Is the part available and could it potentially be a solution?
User submitted photo of their stripped screw from their 45002 crank operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry that part is not available. You must purchase the complete operator.
A professional says:
Replacement for Truth #45002, twin 11" arms, four vertical hold down screws.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! I have placed you in an existing thread regarding the 45002 casement operator. As you can see above, we have suggested the 39-348 Sill Mounted Awning Operator as a possible substitute. Do you think you can replace your hardware with this operator? Let me know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)