Replacement Drawer Guides for a Simmon's Dresser

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If your drawer guides are broken that could be the cause of the drawers dropping and not shutting completely. I cannot really say for sure without seeing your dresser.

I am not able to cross reference your Simmon's dresser numbers. You are going to match up your existing drawer guide with the product pictures online to be sure you are ordering the correct replacement drawer guide. If you would like, feel free to post a picture of your existing drawer guide and we will try to identify the proper replacement for you.

Kenlin has two popular drawer track systems. The Rite-Trak I and the Rite-Trak II drawer system. Only the Rite-Trak I system is available through SWISCO. You would need to try to contacted Kenlin directly if you have the Rite-Trak II drawer system. You can tell the difference between the two drawer systems by looking at the shape the drawer guide. The Rite-Trak I socket has a rectangular shape while the Rite-Trak II socket has a more oval shape.
Comparison of the Kenlin Rite-Trak I and Rite-Trak II drawer sockets.
Comparison of the Kenlin Rite-Trak I and Rite-Trak II drawer sockets.
If you have the Kenlin Rite-Trak I drawer system, you can choose either the 32-081 or the 32-082 drawer guide. Both drawer guides are exactly the same, the only difference is that the 32-082 features a protective metal guard. The 32-076 is the case the runner for the Rite-Trak I system. Some people also find they need the 32-090, but not all Kenlin Rite-Trak drawer systems use this piece.

All orders are placed online. After you add the products to your basket and enter the checkout process you can choose expedited shipping. Orders with expedited shipping will leave SWISCO's facility by the next business day.

Replacement drawer rails are currently not available. You can try contact Kenlin directly or a local furniture repair shop may be able to supply replacement drawer rails.
A home owner from Chelsea, MI 48118 says:
I have a 2 Simmons Dressers that were purchased in 1990-1991.
I need to order a buch of Replacement Drawer Guide Parts for them.
I already contacted Simmons and they refered me to you.
They no longer have parts for this drawer system.
The dresser drawers do not shut all the way anymore. They have a gap of about 1/4 to 1/ inch. I carefully inspected them yesterday and it seems that all the brown plastic drawer guides are broken on the back of the drawers. If I puill up on the back of the drawer from inside (with a drawer removed), they will close comopeltly, but I think that the broken guides are letting the drawers drop and not shut properly. Does this make sense?

I am hoping that new guides will have them closing properly again? What do you think?

Please advise.

The number stamped on the back of the taller dresser is:

4704 VIN
20 256

The part that I need are the replacement parts for the plastic pieces of the drawer glides.

They are brown plastic aligners that screw onto the back of each drawer with 2 screws.
I searched your website and I am not sure what I need.
Are these the correct ones? (Mine are ALL BROWN PLASTIC and ALL BROKEN!)
Will these work?

32-082 Heavy Duty Kenlin Socket

Almost all of mine are broken on both dressers, so I would probably order 20 total?
Can I call you with my charge card info.
Is there a number that I can call you direct to talk about this order?
Please tell me the fastest way to get this order processed.
Thanks.

For the same dressers, I would also like to know if you have the bottom drawer rails (1 or 2 are bent) or the tack-like drawer stops on the front dresser rails. The stops have groves wore on them due to bad guides for so long and this may help to lift the drawers, too. I would like to buy everything at this time, in order to have these dressers last another 20 years.

I would appreciate your expertise in this area and any guidance you can offer.

Thanking you in advance for your time,

Vicki M.
A home owner from Chelsea, MI says:
Thank you very much!
It is definitely the Rite Trak 1 and I will order the improved protective metal guard to prevent them from hopefully breaking off at the bottom again.

Two more questions:

1. Do you find that the protetive metal guard lasts longer? Seems to make sense ....

2. Do I also need to order the other piece that goes on the dresser itself? They look fine, but I was wondering since they are already 20 years old if I should replace both plastic pieces of the Kenlin Guide System. It may help to keep them wroking better for the next 20 years?

What is your opinion on replacing both plastic guides or just the broken drawer piece? I noticed that you do not sell them as a set, but individually.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The metal guard was added by Kenlin to help add support to their drawer guide, so it should extend the life of the drawer guide. We do not sell the socket and the 32-076 runner as a set because some people decide to reuse the old runners and some decide to purchase new ones. It really depends on the condition of your existing runners. I would examine your existing runners closely and look for any cracks or wear. Also, if you do decide to reuse your existing runners - make sure they will work by matching up the dimensions of your existing runners to the dimensions in the 32-076 product picture.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you upload a few images of your original hardware?
How to replace a Kenlin drawer socket
How to replace a Kenlin drawer socket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.