SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Expander Sweeps for Old Metal Industries Storm Doors

A handy person from PA says:
I have two storm doors made by Metal Industries that are 20 years old. They are no longer made. I could not find any kind of ID Info labels on the doors. I don't recall but they were purchased and installed by either Home Depot or Lowe's. I need to replace the White Vinyl U-Shaped Expander Sweeps attached to the bottom of the doors. They are 36" Long x Approx. 2" High x Approx. 21/8 Deep and have 2 black rubber sweeps under the white vinyl. They slip up onto the bottom of the doors and have two slots to screw to the door. I can't find any replacements that are 2"-21/8" deep to slip over the door bottoms. They are all 13/4" deep.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't think you will find the complete door expander. See if our 40-208 or 40-210 rubber sweeps resemble your old one. You could slide these under the door expander. If they don't match, consider purchasing a storm door sweep like our 40-003 which screws on the face of the expander.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)