SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Hdwr. for Storm Dr.

A handy person from Jeffersonville PA says:
I am looking for a replacement hardware set for a approx. 3/4" thk particle core storm door that has a Georgian Style #7 exterior lever handle, inside lever handle and a deadbolt w/ a 3/4" off-set.

I found the inside lever on your web site #40-150 but cannot find the exterior lever. I have also found the keyed deadbolt #40-039 but your web site does not tell me the off-set. I need a 3/4" min off-set.

I have also found the Lever handle w/Deadbolt Set #40-058, however it appears to have a paddle handle iside trim and a deadbolt with only a 1/4" off-set.

Do you have anything that will fit my requirements.

Thanks,

Richard
A user submited photo of storm door handle
The door, I originally purchase through Frankford Aluminum. The only information I could find in my file is that the door is a "Gill Door" and it came with #7 Georgian Style No 7 trim, lockable.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Richard! To be honest, if you are going to replace the complete lock set, I would recommend our 40-058, which I believe to be an improvement over the original lock. The reason I say this is that the installers where having a problem with the inside lever hitting the inside knob on the prime door. That's why the manufacturer changed it to a paddle type handle on the inside part of the lock set. The only set back might be that you may have to reset the strike plate on the door jamb.
A handy person from Jeffersonville PA says:
Follow-up Question:

One item outstanding from my original inquire above, is that I need information on the off-set on the deadbolt that comes with the 40-058 lockset. As I noted and as shown in the photo's, the deadbolt I have has a 3/4" off-set. Anything less than this would not work since it would place the strike too close to the rabit in the door jamb.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, yes, I see what you're talking about. I'm not sure if that higher offset dead bolt and latch is still available. However, we do carry the 40-179 shim. That may build up the offset you're looking for. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)