SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Hdwr. for Storm Dr.

A handy person from Jeffersonville PA says:
I am looking for a replacement hardware set for a approx. 3/4" thk particle core storm door that has a Georgian Style #7 exterior lever handle, inside lever handle and a deadbolt w/ a 3/4" off-set.

I found the inside lever on your web site #40-150 but cannot find the exterior lever. I have also found the keyed deadbolt #40-039 but your web site does not tell me the off-set. I need a 3/4" min off-set.

I have also found the Lever handle w/Deadbolt Set #40-058, however it appears to have a paddle handle iside trim and a deadbolt with only a 1/4" off-set.

Do you have anything that will fit my requirements.

A user submited photo of storm door handle
The door, I originally purchase through Frankford Aluminum. The only information I could find in my file is that the door is a "Gill Door" and it came with #7 Georgian Style No 7 trim, lockable.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Richard! To be honest, if you are going to replace the complete lock set, I would recommend our 40-058, which I believe to be an improvement over the original lock. The reason I say this is that the installers where having a problem with the inside lever hitting the inside knob on the prime door. That's why the manufacturer changed it to a paddle type handle on the inside part of the lock set. The only set back might be that you may have to reset the strike plate on the door jamb.
A handy person from Jeffersonville PA says:
Follow-up Question:

One item outstanding from my original inquire above, is that I need information on the off-set on the deadbolt that comes with the 40-058 lockset. As I noted and as shown in the photo's, the deadbolt I have has a 3/4" off-set. Anything less than this would not work since it would place the strike too close to the rabit in the door jamb.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, yes, I see what you're talking about. I'm not sure if that higher offset dead bolt and latch is still available. However, we do carry the 40-179 shim. That may build up the offset you're looking for. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)