Replacement Marvin Part

A handy person from Fort Worth, Texas says:
We bought this house a few months ago, so I don't know the age of our Marvin windows but i don't think they are terribly old. One of our cranks is stripped and I'm wondering if you can help me identify and sell me the part that needs to be replaced. The portion that seems to be stripped is the end of the silver shaft where it makes contacts the horizontal gears - I hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help you can provide.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like you need a new operator. I cannot say for sure what you have without seeing the entire operator (your pictures only show the base), but start by looking at our 39-031 and 39-032 and see how well they match your hardware. These are popular with Marvin windows.
A quick learner from Fort Worth, Texas says:
Is it possible to only replace the silver shaft (that the crank fits on to), rather than the entire operator or base? It seems that the shaft is the only part that's stripped. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid not. It is not sold separately since it is machine-pressed into the operator at the factory. If it has stripped, then that means the other gears have stripped, as well.
Thanks. If I remove the entire operator and send you a picture would you then help me determine which model would be the appropriate replacement?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, that will help us a lot. You may not even have to remove it, however. Showing us the arms when the window is open would also help, if that's easier.
Here are 3 photographs of the arms with the window open. Do these help identify which replacement would be correct?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! Yes, I think Paul's recommendation still stands. Just make sure the dimensions match up.
A quick learner from Fort Worth says:
Thanks, but which one 39-031 or 39-032?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It looks to me like our 39-031, but you will need to carefully examine our pictures to be sure. Check the orientation of the gears and the arms, especially.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.