SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Operator for Truth 30744

A contractor from Portland, OR says:
I need to replace an operator. Short arm is labeled Truth 30744, base has a lot of holes in it, at least 6, the plastic cover has a little hump over the crank, so that the wood cover piece can't just have a rectangular cutout in it- to fit well, it has to be almost hand carved.

Looks kinda like 39-374 or 39-014. I'm not worried about the mounting screws- the holes are so hogged out I need to insert dowels anyway.

My preference is for a rectangular cross section housing because I have to fab the wood trim/cover for the one on the left and may have to do both L&R so they'll match. And of course, the existing footprint is rectangular, so the sill has a rectangular scar

And of course the client is in a hurry- how much for priority shipping?

A customer submitted photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, and for the pictures! I agree with you, it looks like you might have the older style of the 39-014. Just double check to make sure that the arms are the same length.

We do offer UPS expedited services. You can see what services you have available, as well as their cost, during check-out!
A handy person from Chicago says:
Hi - I have a casement that looks just like the one above. Small arm says 30744. Long arm has "Wright" in script on it. The gearing is shot that drives the long arm - housing is cracked in there and long arm wobbles vertically - can't drive window. It's length is 12" from tip to the point where it curves into the housing.

How do we get this replaced? Is there a number to call? Don't want to order the wrong thing. THanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can order directly from our site. However, you may be a little confused. The operator above only has one arm. The small arm you see is part of the hinge that keeps the sash on the frame, which is a separate part. Can you confirm? Is the 39-014 a match? If you aren't sure, show us a few pictures of your hardware for us to look at.
A quick learner from Chicago says:
Hi Tom. Correct. I don't need the small arm. But I'm not sure the 39-013 (mine is right-side driven) is a match. See attached pictures. Mine looks like the one the guy posted at the top of the page - not like the replacement one on your webpage.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Did you also see the opposite side, the 39-013? This may be what you're looking for.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)