SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Operators for 1979 Pozzi Casement Windows

A home owner from Cottage Grove, Oregon says:
Hello,

I am looking for replacement operators for about ten 1979 Pozzi casement windows. I would like the left and right operators for each.

I spoke with a salesman about this and he suggested either a 39-027E or 39-013 operator. The existing arm is about 11 inches long, but the 39-027E is 9-1/2 inches and the 39-013 operator is 13 inches long. It looks like the track on the window could accomodate the 13 inch arm in the fully closed position without the roller going off the track and the 9 1/2 inch arm should probably work, but I'm not sure which one to choose.

Would you please let me know which one to buy?

Thanks,
Larry
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... are you sure your arm is 11" long? I've never seen anything that size in this style. I recommend double checking that measurement. You may get a more accurate reading when you disengage the arm from the track and adjust it until its flush with the base, like how we show in our pictures. Then, measure from the center of the wheel to the center of the gear. Personally, I think it looks more like our 39-013, but double check that measurement and let me know. If it is 11", we can try to work it out from there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)