Replacement Parts for Mastic Vinyl Windows

A home owner from Shelton CT says:
Currently in the last stretch or our rehab and need to replace or install missing some: Tilt Latches, Vent Locks and Sash Locks. I was not able to find a window model number but was able to find the manufacturer. I was planing to stop by and take some measurements but I figured you may know what parts I need from looking at it. Thank you. Jose
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Yes, we should be able to help, but we will definitely need measurements. Specifically, we will need to know the distance between the installation holes for both the lock and tilt latch. Please make sure to measure from the center of each hole.
A professional from Shelton CT says:
Dear customer service, after spending more time on the site I was able to find what I need it. I tool each piece out and measured. I should be receiving the parts today. thanks.
A home owner from New York says:
Replace window
User submitted photos of a window lock.
A home owner from Louisville ky. says:
We have Mastic vinyl windows in our living room. Three windows DH-R25 model no.one of the windows, lower sach, seal is broken and leaks inside. Is there anywhere in Louisville Ky to repair or replace our window? Thank you, Gloria Davis
A quick learner from Malta, NY says:
I have 14 year old Mastic windows manufactured by C&S building supplies.
I have a double hung tilt window that measures approx 18-1/2 x 28-1/2. I need 2 complete balance assemblies for the lower half. Approx 17 x 27. Can you help?
A handy person from campbelll ny says:
I have two windows that lost their seal --- do I have to buy the whole section of the window????

I have two windows that lost their seal --- do I have to buy the whole section of the window????

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for contacting SWISCO. I'm sorry for any delay, but our discussion process typically takes 3-5 days. I'm afraid we don't replace glass, but we may be able to help with the seal. Do you still have pieces of it still? We would need to see a photo of it and its dimensions to be able to identify it.

If this isn't an option, you may be able to get new glass from a local glass repair shop.

A quick learner from Middletown, RI 02842 says:
Mastic doublehung window with broken top glass panel. Need to replace upper window glass
A home owner from Newtown, CT 06470 says:
We have Mastic windows and the upper inside pane has cracked horizaltally all the way accross.

Very hard to get a picture of it . Top third of the window all the way accross.

Window has the grids inside.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We only offer window and door replacement hardware, we do not offer any actual window panes. If you are looking to replace your pane, you may want to contact a window company for some additional assistance. 

The window is 35 wide
44 long approximately.

Window pane is 31 wide
22 1/5 long

I there any kind of warranted?

Please call my husband. 203-994-0127
Profile picture of Paul

We are not sure because we are a company that only replaces window and door hardware. You will need to contact the manufacturer directly for direct window inquiries. 

The only information is Mastic do you know who the manufacturer would be?

Or

Where we can look to find it on the window?

Thank -you for getting back to me.

Best Regards,
Gina CArreras

Profile picture of Paul

No we do not know the manufacturer. Usually the name would be located on the window sticker or sometimes etched in glass. If the name is not in both of those places then you will need to contact a window company directly for further information. 

That answers that.

Thank-you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Gina

Profile picture of Paul

No problem, Gina. Sorry we couldn't be of more assistance. 

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
I was wondering if I could order two new sashes. Here are some pics with dimensions.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230416_121900.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230416_121850.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

We unfortunately don't sell replacement sashes of any kind. My recommendation is to contact the original manufacturer of the window to see if this is something that they can supply to you.

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
Hello,
I am looking to replace my Mastic window latches. If you please can help, I have pictures attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4596.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4595.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4594.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid that we don't sell a latch that matches this design, exactly. Before I suggest anything, can you verify the exact distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center? I can't quite make it out from just a photo of a tape measure. Seeing it written out would be the most helpful. Please be as precise as possible.

I can then check our inventory for anything that may align with that measurement. 

A quick learner from Connecticut says:

The distance between the installation holes is 2-1/2", center to center.

Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That is a big help. So, we did carry a latch in this style with that same 2-1/2" hole center spacing at one time, but it was discontinued back in 2014. I'm afraid that we have no alternative at this time, either. Once the manufacturer stopped making it, they never designed a replacement.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. The only latch we have that has a 2-1/2" hole spacing is the 26-215, but the design is still so different that I cannot guarantee that it would work. You can review its specs below.

Dimensions for 26-215
Dimensions for 26-215

A home owner from Carnegie Pa says:
Is it possible to purchase the window casting that goes around the window
Profile picture of Tom

It sounds like you're looking for the frame itself. That's unfortunately not something that our company sells; I recommend contacting the original manufacturer of the window to see if that's something they can assist you with. They may be able to provide you with a replacement frame for use in your home.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.