SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Pivot bar needed

A home owner from Maryland says:
Can you recommend a replacement pivot bar for the attached picture? The shoe is identical to your part number 15-135. Will the 26-380 pivot bar work with that shoe? If not, do you have any other options? The installation does have some flexibility such as a flat bar could be used. Holes can also be redrilled if needed. The width of the bar itself important as it fits in a groove in vinyl window. No manufacturer info can be found on the windows. Thanks
User submitted photo of a pivot bar & shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree, that shoe looks real close to our 15-135. I'm not so sure about that pivot bar though. Is the pin offset? I can't quite tell from this picture. Could I see it from a different angle?
Thanks for the reply. Yes the pivot bar is offset. I have included another picture. It does not appear though that the offset serves any real purpose. For example the offset does not appear to be needed to clear anything. I would assume that if a non offset bar was used it would be best to replace both sides rather than only one.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm. You may want to look at our 26-021. This can work with the 15-135, which is a plus. If you're willing to play around with it you may get it to fit comfortably in your sash, though I can't be positive. What do you think?
Yes I agree that may work. I will give it a try. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)