SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Rollers Needed

A handy person from Michigan says:
My doors are about 50 years old. There are no identifying markings. I am going to order a replacement wheel/axle kit but am not sure how well it will work so would like to identify the replacement roller assembly. I have 4 doors I would like to get parts for. Thanks.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have the original Series 400 Acorn sliding patio door. We have the stamped steel patio glass door wheel assembly, the 81-033, that I believe will work in your door. Carefully look it over and see what you think.
A handy person from Michigan says:
Thanks. Are the locking tabs strong enough to hold the roller against the mounting screw? It's not readily evident from the pictures of the old unit, but the mounting screw pulls the vertical rails against the inside of the door frame and the mounting screw is reached through a hole in the frame.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the tabs will hold it in just like on your older aluminum roller. We also have the 81-032 as a possible replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)