Replacement Rollers for Patio Door

A home owner from Fairfax VA says:
We have two patio doors from the same manufacturer. One of the doors seems to have rollers that are deteriorating.

The pictures might help you identify them. FWIW, the subdivision is Preserve at Wynmar.

The doors were installed early 2003 by the builder - Edgemoore. All of the windows in the house were made by Barber and Ross out of VA - they went bankrupt in 2007 or so. They also owned Rockwell Windows.

Based on emails I had with the builder about nine years ago -- fairly sure it is either a Barber and Ross or Rockwell patio door.

I don't want to lift the door out to check the wheels just yet - we need a warmer day to do that. I'll look at the video link that I have from Tim C and see how to remove the sliding door.

Any ideas on which rollers would work?

Thanks - Rob
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your second photo, there appears to be a plug in the face of the lower door stile, perhaps meant to cover an adjustment screw for your rollers. Without seeing the roller out of the door we can't be sure, but take a look at the 81-018 roller to start out. This could be one used on your door, but no real way to know without seeing the old one.
A professional from CA says:
The video shows removal from the outside. Your door is more likely to come out to the inside either by removing molding from the top, or just lifting and swinging the bottom inward. Without being familiar with your model of door, it's hard to be sure.
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.