SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Sash Balance and Sash Shoes for Milgard Aluminum Frame Window

A home owner from West Toluca Lake, CA says:
Hello,

We have several older Milgard windows that are 45"W x 69"H, Aluminum frame single hung, and non tilt. Some of them have a need to have the sash balance and/or sash shoes replaced. I have removed one of the sash balances and measured it to be 33"H (from metal tip to metal tip, 1/2"W, 1/2"D. The sash balance is stamped with the part # 32 4 JO Caldwell. Can you help me match the Swisco part(s) that would be equivalent? Thanks in advance. Chas
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the images! I'm afraid I do not see the bottom shoe, though, just the top attachment. That, at least, looks like our 19-005, but I cannot name the Series without also seeing the bottom shoe.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner says:
Here are the pics of the bottom shoe
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. Check out our Series 385 channel balance and see how well this matches your hardware. Take special note of the shoe. The Series 385 uses our 15-004, so it's important that your own shoe has the same dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)