SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Sash Pivot Bars

A handy person from Illinois says:
I have 14 vinyl double hung winds and tha sash pivot bars are breaking. I would like to order enough to replace all of them in my windows. The dimensions are 2" long, 9/32 wide" and 1/4" high. the screw hole is set 1/4" from the rear of the pivot bar. I don't know what brand the windows are but they have an AW logo on the lock.
A customer submitted photo of a pviot bar.
A customer submitted photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, I don't quite recognize this pivot bar. Can you please give me the distance between the two installation hole centers? This will help us narrow down the possible replacements.
A quick learner from hickory hills says:
The distacne between the two installation hole centers is 1/2 ". Only the rear hole is used.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the information. Please take a look at our 26-083 pivot bar. Do you think this might work?
A home owner from hickory hills says:
These are a bit long but can be cut on the line stamped in the item. I will be ordering 30 more soon.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)